Franco-German Cultural Fund
The Franco-German Cultural Fund was set up in 2003 to mark the 40th anniversary of the Élysée Treaty of friendship between France and West Germany. The fund promotes Franco-German cooperation by providing support for cultural and artistic projects in third countries. The German Foreign Office administers the fund in concert with the Goethe-Institut and Institut français.
Conditions of Funding
The three selected orientation themes for the 2023 edition are:
- creative freedom and cultural solidarity
- sustainability in the cultural sector
- The project should showcase the Franco-German partnership.
- The project should lastingly strengthen ties between all the participants and have long-term impact abroad.
- The project should be developed and implemented together with local participants, who are to make a financial contribution of their own to the project.