For students and professionals | February 2019: Intercultural Trainings
As the cooperation and interactions between India and Germany continue to grow, cultural intelligence, which is the ability to function effectively in German and Indian cultural contexts, has assumed greater importance. People who possess a high level of cultural intelligence play an important role in bridging divides and knowledge gaps in the fields of Education and Business while working with Germany.
The Intercultural Workshops conducted by Mansi Modi and Shalini Roy for students and professionals planning to study and work in Germany are aimed to develop the particular skill-set of Intercultural Intelligence equipping the participants to better understand German culture and German mind-set. In the students’ workshops, the participants learn about the role of the teacher-figure in the German culture, and the teaching and learning traditions in Germany. They are also made aware of valuable strategies for integration into the German society. The programme for professionals teaches about the communication styles in the German business world and expectations of the German business-heads along with tips on how to write a CV and what to expect in a job interview.
INTERCULTURAL TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONALS PLANNING TO WORK IN GERMANY
- I loved the breadth of the information provided. What I liked also was the concise explanations and expressive exercises. – Ashutosh Warikoo
- I loved learning about how big an impact values have on our behaviour and also the ‘who are you’ exercise. In all, a very helpful training workshop. – Preeti Hebbal
- I am surely going away with more knowledge and info about Germany and its work culture. I liked the role paly parts very much. Loved the session. Thank you. – Shalieja Rajesh
INTERCULTURAL TRAINING FOR STUDENTS PLANNING TO STUDY IN GERMANY
- My takeaway is intensive intercultural competence and a clearer vision. – Surabhi Parulekar
- The session was interactive. I gained knowledge about cultural differences between Germany and India. – Maitriya Damani
- I simply loved how we learnt about the German thought process using basic activities – Samiya
- I liked the content of the workshop, especially, learning how to write a motivational letter for university, learning from different experiences and the dos and don’ts in campus life in Germany. – Shriya