Administrator Language Office
Part Time 50%, to start 23.10.2019
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global outreach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural co-operation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany's cultural, social and political life. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
The Goethe-Institut London is looking for an Administrator in its Language Office. Good knowledge of German and a very good knowledge of English are requirements for this position. If you enjoy working as part of a small, friendly, team, in a role with a focus on customer service, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Employment will be part-time with 19.5 hours per week (this is equivalent to 50% of our full time working week of 39 hours). Current working days for this position are Wednesday to Friday.
- Providing information and advice, as well as selling courses and examinations provided by the Goethe-Institut London and its partners, as well as the Goethe-Institutes in Germany. This will be done in both English and German, face-to-face, via telephone and email
- Administration of computer based examinations, i.e. Goethe-Test PRO
- Processing of sales including billing, invoicing, booking and dunning
- Organising and processing the enrolment of new and existing customers including all necessary correspondence
- Regularly handling of in-house software for the administration of language courses and exams (OSKA, webshop) and websites (CMS)
- Maintenance of the course and exam participants register and compilation of relevant statistics
- Issuance of certificates, complaint management, filing and deadline monitoring
- Supporting the organisation and administration of tailor-made courses for individuals and small groups
- Supporting the administration of examinations offered by the Goethe-Institut including the planning, preparation, technical handling, archiving and reporting
- completed vocational training
- several years of professional experience ideally in customer service
- high customer orientation
- very good language skills in both written and oral English
- good language skills in both written and oral German
- very good coordination and organisational skills
- initiative within the limits of responsibility and ability to work independently
- very good IT-skills (MS-office)
- knowledge in the use of Content Management Systems and SAP advantageous
- good team and communication skills, high resilience, flexibility, reliability
- willingness to work flexible hours (language office opening times 10am-6.30pm and specific dates for language examinations spread out through the year) and to stand in for colleagues
We offer:The starting salary in the Goethe-Institut’s remuneration scheme is £ 14,072.01 p.a. for this position. Annual leave is 26 days plus Bank Holidays. The Goethe-Institut offers a contributory pension scheme and includes all staff in opportunities for personal development.
Closing Date For Applications: 12.09.2019Interviews will be held from 16.09.-23.09.2019. For informal enquiries please contact Ms Imke Baasen
Please note: Only applications via our online application form will be accepted. The form should be completed in German if your native tongue is English and in English if your native tongue is German.
Please send your application by e-mail to: