bangaloREsidency 2022: October 16 to December 17, 2022*.
Deadline for applications: April 18, 2022
Final selection: May 31, 2022
Deadline for bangaloREsidency@Sangam House: May 23, 2022
Final selection: June 7, 2022
*Subject to Covid-related changes.
APPLICATION PROCESSApplications are invited from artists living and working in Germany, fluent in both German and English, and looking for a stint in an expanding global metropolis like Bangalore to complete or complement a particular art project. The precise reasons underlying the desire to pursue an artistic project in a city like Bangalore should be specified. We are particularly interested in applications from artists who belong to (or work closely with) an institution in Germany that is open to and has the infrastructure for a reciprocal engagement with Indian artists.
The host organisation offers the freedom to create in an ambience conducive to innovation and expression, as also the freedom from everyday mundane routine.
Tips for applicantsWe would like to help German artists, in particular those who have perhaps never been to India, to get integrated into daily life in this country, and gain an understanding of the culture. Our attempt is to make sure our guest artists are able to work productively in the local environment and realise their artistic project together with their Indian counterparts.
1. Check whether you are able to arrive in Bangalore on the required date, as the start of the bangaloREsidency is, as a rule, fixed and cannot be negotiated.
2. India is developing dynamically in the cultural field as well. The bangaloREsident profile desired by the the hosts could change suddenly and without notice. It is therefore recommended that interested artists send in their applications shortly before the deadline, after checking the host pages at the last minute for any changes.
Applicants stand the best chance if it is apparent that they have understood the requirement of the host.
Step-by-step1. Are you interested in India?
2. Are you free from the announced date and can invest six to eight weeks of your time?
3. Read the final reports of former bangaloREsidents (on their profile pages on this site), our Newsletter and the profiles of your favourite hosts to help arrive at a decision.
4. Send in your application before the announced deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send only soft copy in English (German version optional)
- resumé (CV)
- information on previous artistic projects
- personal statement with reasons for applying for the bangaloREsidency, and outline of artistic aims and objectives (ca. 250 words)
- only ONE local partner organisation is to be selected
- large files should be uploaded onto a file-sharing service.
- only complete applications, conforming to the requirements specified will be considered.
- Applications should be mailed to: email@example.com with the subject line: bangaloREsidency 2022@ (Host name)